#MakeNine2017

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Hello??...is anybody here? If there is still someone out there, hello and happy new year(yes, I know that January is almost over!), but you know, work and life get in the way and things don't always go as planned. When the new year came around I thought a lot about resolutions and lists. I didn't want to make a list of resolutions, just for the sake of it, that I already knew I wouldn't stick to past the first month. I wanted to think a lot about what I wanted this new year to be about. So I dedicated this month to thinking what I'd like to achieve the coming 11 months. And since this is the space to share my creative and sewing thoughts, I'm here to share my #makenine2017 list with you.

I'm sure that a lot will change throughout the year, but these are some of the things I would like to make in 2017.


For me, 2017 is all about comfort and effortless casual chic. One of my goals for this year is to start sewing my own lingerie. The Boylston Bra by Orange Lingerie has been in my list forever and I think it is time to tackle it. A little while ago, I discovered Evie la Luve's shop and I fell in love with her lingerie designs, I bought the Esme panties over the Thanksgiving sales and I can't wait to make it! As well as undergarments, I'd love to up my loungewear game. I believe the Ultimate Pyjamas pattern by Sew Over It would be a perfect starting point.

I don't think I have to say a lot about the Toaster Sweater by Sew House Seven. I believe it is in everyone's to-sew list by now and of course it couldn't miss from mine. Another beautiful pattern that caught my eye is the Blaire shirt & dress by Style Arc. I've seen some beautiful versions of this and I can't wait to make my own. I would also like to tackle a more demanding pattern this year and the Kelly Anorak by Closet Case Patterns is the way to go I think. And of course we can't talk about comfort, without including a relaxed t-shirt pattern. The new Seamwork Jane pattern is the ultimate classic t-shirt that everyone has to have in their wardrobe. Coming spring I know I would love to have a light duster coat, like the Londres trench Coat & Jacket by Orageuse Patterns and last, but not least, I'd love to make a long shirtdress, like the Hermes by I Am Patterns.

So, what do you think? Do you have a #makenine list for 2017? I'd love to hear about it! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments