McCall 6965 + Nettie

Monday, September 07, 2015


Hello guys! Long time, no see, right? But, you know...life happens! So I'm back and I can't wait for fall! Fall weather, fall clothes, fall sewing! But, first, it's only right to share the last bits of my summer sewing with you. So, as promised, this is my second pair of McCall 6965

I really love these culottes! For this version I used a black pique fabric, which gives the perfect body to these. I cut a size 14, but I made a couple alterations. I subtracted 3 cm from the back waistband and I lengthened the pattern by 6 cm, which made them the perfect length and fit. You can see my first version in a staight size 14here.

To pair with these culottes I made two crop tops using the Nettie pattern from Closet Case patterns. For both of them I cut a size 10. For the off the shoulder version I used this tutorial from Heather's blog and a medium weight striped knit fabric and for the second scoop front-high back variation with short sleeves I used some lycra knit I had in my stash. 

In my opinion this combo makes the perfect summer outfit! 

So how about you? Are you still sewing summer clothes or are you all about fall sewing?

You Might Also Like

0 comments