My solution to late night snacking

Thursday, January 29, 2015


Hello again! Second post of the year, but actually I'm cheating. This skirt was made in 2014, but I didn't get around to photographing it until now. Well, on way or another, I'm not gonna getcha, but I'm going to tell you about it.

This is the Senna dress & skirt pattern from Lindsay Woodward patterns. I was actually a pattern tester for this pattern, back in September. You can see the LBD I made using this pattern here, together with my long gone and much missed summer tan. This time I went for the skirt variation. This is such a simple make, takes absolutely no time and uses a minimum amount of fabric! Check, check and check! What else do we need?

Again I cut a size 8 with no alterations and used a medium weight grey jersey and a 1/4" elastic for the ruching. In my opinion this is the perfect variation of the classic stretchy skirt, because the ruching gives it an optical interest and it's perfect to hide the winter belly under! Late night snacking on these cold winter nights anyone? or is it just me?

So what do you think of this make? Are you a fan of ruching or do you prefer the plain jersey skirt better?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. i dont like ruching but youre making me reconsider with this skirt. love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this on you! I'm not usually into ruching but I like how this looks!

    ReplyDelete