Leggings?Me never!

Thursday, February 20, 2014


Hello everyone!Due to some travelling, uni exams and sad things in life, things have been quite slow around here these past couple weeks. Although the hectic program, I managed to include some sewing in as well! And here comes this outfit! 
So....leggings. Leggings were the kind of garment I never thought I'd like on me, or wear outside the house or gym. But let me tell you, I was sooo wrong! Ever since I started wearing these leggings I can't seem to bother with jeans or normal trousers especially for daytime and running errands. They are so cozy and comfy!
For the leggings I used Megan Nielsen's Virginia leggings in size M with no alterations and a stretchy velvet black fabric. I love this fabric so much and this pair is my favorite! The pattern is really amazing, very well drafted and so easy and quick to make(just two pattern pieces)! I'm already on my third make of the pattern and I'm sure there are many more to come.
For the top I used Megan Nielsen's Briar top in the cropped version with long sleeves in size M with no alterations and a grey knit fabric. Again another amazing pattern from Megan! I especially love how well drafted the neckband is-an area I very much despise in knit garments. It's also a very quick project to make! I love the cropped version due to the layering effect it adds to an outfit. This is my third Briar actually, but I haven't yet photographed the other two!
Needless to say these two are one of my favorite sewing combos!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love leggings the are fabulous. I usually wear them with longer tops as I don't have your figure
    Sassy Sewing Bees https://facebook.com/sassysewingbees ❀

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made velvet leggings? So so jealous!

    ReplyDelete